Thursday, September 15, 2016

My Childbirth Education Journey Update and Other Important Milestones

To All My Relations;

Greetings of Peace! May you be well as you read this.

I would like to take a moment to update everyone about my progress on my path to becoming a Childbirth Educator.

First, I would like to say some words in regards to my inactivity for this campaign...

Those that are close to me know that the past few months have been full of challenges and changes.  Circumstances beyond my control were; and in some ways still are; taking me through a journey in which I've had to play alchemist in order to rediscover the beautiful possibilities that everyday brings and turn obstacles into avenues of opportunity.

Without indulging too much into details, what I can say is that I've had to create an environment in which I can flourish in spite of any circumstance and this has not been easy.

I've had to learn and relearn how to not lose myself and care for myself all while being head of household as a co-parenting working mom and homeschooling my 6 year old daughter, still making time to move towards my goals.

The circumstances I was facing made me feel as if my stability was in question and I needed to focus on creating a solid base for myself again. 

I did not feel comfortable promoting this campaign and asking for donations of anyone's hard earned money without being sure that I would be able to completely focus on my studies again. This why I have been inactive in promoting this campaign and had not shared the link in a while, even though some of my friends and family have asked for the link so they could donate.

I thank you all for your patience and support. I am humbled!

I would also like to share some milestones that I am really excited about!

Through TICICALLI, the healing sisterhood and birthworker collective that I am so proud to be a part of, I've had the opportunity to co-host workshops regarding various wombyn's health issues; particularly mood disorders. Through these workshops we help create awareness in regards to issues that affect moms and families and we also provide links to helpful resources and support circles.

Our grassroots efforts have led us to connect with other groups families and organizations in the community and it has been a pleasure to develop our relationship based around the empowerment of mothers, families, friends and allies.

One of the groups that I've had the pleasure of building bonds with is MATERNAL MENTAL HEALTH NOW. An organization which creates awareness in regards to Perinatal Depression and other mood disorders that affect moms. They provide lots of support and information to moms, families and professionals in order to better understand the various mood disorders that affect moms, their symptoms and treatment options. All while stressing the importance of emotional support and sensitivity towards the needs of moms experiencing a mood disorder.

I am happy to announce that I have recently joined the Maternal Mental Health Now (MMHN) Spanish Committee and I will be assisting in translating some literature to provide Spanish speaking families with up to date information and healing options when dealing and healing Maternal Mental Health Mood Disorders.

I would like to express my gratitude to MMHN for giving me this opportunity to help families in my community and I am looking forward to doing my part and supporting future projects the best that I can. Thank you to Gabrielle and all the awesome MMHN ladies!

Finally, my biggest milestones...
I am in the process of developing a series of small guides and presentations exploring some of our communities most prevalent issues such as Homeschooling, Knowledge Of Self, Depression, "Single Parenthood", Domestic Violence, Teens and Sexual Awakening, Sexual Abuse and Healing among many other developing topics.

This collection of work will be part of what I present to you as the ORIGINAL WOMBAN (OW) Support System. 

ORIGINAL WOMBAN Support System will be the avenue through which I will share my knowledge in regards to Childbirth Education, Parenthood, Natural Healing, Culture of Wombynhood, etc. OW will also create a space for Community Dialogue and will provide helpful resources to other healers and information.

Last but not least, I would like to introduce my family and community to the TOYPURINA TEOCALLI Center of Culture and Knowledge (TTCCK), which is the concept behind the homeschooling/unschooling journey my daughter and I have committed to. It's name is in honor of the Sacred feminine energy of love, warriorhood and protection rooted in our culture. Culture, defined as how we/one behaves in life guided by values and principles passed down throughout the generations based upon our PreColumbian ways which are based upon knowledge. Knowledge referring as to what is known from experience, induction and deduction. That which is sacred science and becomes wisdom.

We will be sharing some of our activities, links and ideas in order to connect with other parents who are also navigating through the homeschooling/unschooling journey. Our activities and topics of interest are health, gardening, non violent communication and healing, parent-child bonding and more...

This is a new era of my life; of awakening and movement. It has been a long road to walk, but finally I can say: "I am ready for the next level of my self!"

And it feels sooooo good!

Love, light and peace, my people... 

Thank you for your support and love, I could never express how much it truly means to me. I can only hope to put forth good work and show you how much I honor your presence in my life.

Sincerely, 
Zipaktli



No comments:

Post a Comment