Thursday, May 7, 2015

Zipaktli XLahun Bio for Ticicalli Yahualli


I am Zipaktli XLahun.
I am mother to a daughter, lover of the UniVerse and Caregiver of the Earth.  I am a displaced Maya Nahua Original surviving in the city of Los Angeles. My life experience has led me to discover that I can best serve my family, community and nation by walking the path of learning and teaching natural healing, spreading positive messages and calls to action through art and science and by becoming a childbirth educator. I am also an advocate for the preservation of traditional pre-columbian culture and the preservation of healthy families.

My identity as an indigenous Anahuakan womban allows me to view and analyze life through an ancient value system which upholds human integrity and respect for Mother Earth and all the life forms that exist within it as a spiritual and moral compass. It is this value system which guides me and inspires me to search for answers and solutions to the issues faced by womyn, working families, children and people of color. It is my life’s goal to be able to contribute to the process of decolonization through my work and efforts towards community improvement. With the help of my community and those abroad who share the goals of commonwealth  and wellbeing for all I seek to collectively create solid support systems that focus on personalized physical, spiritual and mental healing plans for individuals and families as well as creating accessible avenues of progress for all members of the local and global community that focus on the protection of natural resources and sociopolitical dignity for all.
 

2 comments: